In order to be successful in the classroom and in life, students must be information literate and technologically savvy. It is the duty of the media centers and its staff to help students develop these skills they will need to be successful in the classroom and in their future career.
Trent Roberts, Middle and High School Media Services Teacher and District Librarian
Tammy Laughlin, Elementary Media Services Teacher and Librarian
Donna Hoffman, High School Library Assistant
Suzie Palmer, Middle School Library Assistant
Valerie Crist, Elementary Library Assistant
The following links are for teacher and/or student resources:
Student Google Apps Sign In
- Link to the sign in page for the student's Google Apps.
Creative Commons Material
- Great place to search for material (pictures, documents, etc.) to use in your work.
- Good website for images to use for projects that are copyright friendly. Many pictures list attribution information along with the image for citing purposes.
- Creative Commons section of Flickr for images that can be used for projects or sharing.
- Another wonderful websites for copyright friendly images to use in an educational environment.
- Exactly what the title of the website implies. Great place for free digital photos that can be used in the classroom with proper citing technique applied.
- Lots of images/sounds/videos licensed under creative commons.
- Good place for access to free images that can be used in an educational environment. Simply search for your topic in the search box and see what comes back.
- Stock photos that are available for use by educators. Has an purchase element to it but there are still plenty of free images available on this site.
- An image database hosted by California State University. This database has been included in the Library of Congress Historic Collection of Internet Material category for its plethora of quality images available for use under different creative commons licenses.
- A great resource for public domain images.
- Thousands of Public Domain pictures that can be copy or downloaded for use.
Public Domain Photos
- Public Domain Photos that can be used for any purpose.
Every Stock Photo
- A search engine for free photos. Has pictures with their proper attribution listed.
- Wylio is a search engine for finding images. Was created for bloggers but can be used by anyone who needs an image under the creative commons licenses.
Pickaway County Public Library
- Links you to the County Library and its resources/databases. (Must be a library card holder for access to databases)
- Links to educator journals available thru INFOhio
Ohio Treasure Chests
- Online Collection of thousands of websites highly recommended by teachers
- The National Archives website featuring thousands of primary documents?
Have a question about the media centers and their services?
Need some help conducting a research project with your students?
Want to introduce a piece of technology to your students in a class unit or lesson?
Looking for a teacher to collaborate with on an activity?
Desire some Professional Development?
Mr. Roberts for Grades 9 - 12:
Mrs. Laughlin for Grades K - 5:
The one stop shop for all your educational needs