Circleville City Schools students are once again eligible for P-EBT meal benefits as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently the program was extended from January through August 2021. If a child in your household usually attends one of our school buildings, is in our preschool through 12th grade, they may be eligible for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program when the district:
• Operated with reduced attendance or hours (for example, with a hybrid schedule) for at least 5 consecutive days OR
• Had been fully remote learning for at least 5 consecutive days OR
•Had been quarantined for 5 consecutive days or more due to COVID-19
These P-EBT cards will come by mail from the state (not the school district) and the balance will continue to be reloaded monthly so it is vitally important that these cards are not lost or thrown away.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will my child receive?
The benefit amount is $5.86 per child for each day the child did not receive a free or reduced priced meal at the school due to closure, reduced attendance or hours, beginning in October 2020. The benefits may change month to month, depending on how many days your child was remote learning or did not have access to breakfast or lunch at school.
How can we use the benefits?
P-EBT benefits can be used to buy food items at grocery stores and other retailers that accept the Ohio Direction Card (also referred to as an EBT card).
You mentioned cards would come from the state. Explain.
ODJFS obtains a list from the schools or school districts of all children eligible for free and reduced- price meals and the number of days they met the criteria for P-EBT. Based on this data, P-EBT benefits are provided on an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card.
The October and November benefits (and August and September benefits for children now eligible under the new law) are to be issued in early February. New P-EBT cards should be received by families in mid-February.
• December benefits will be issued by the end of February.
• January benefits will be issued by the end of March.
• February benefits will be issued by the end of April.
• March benefits will be issued by the end of May.
• April benefits will be issued by the end of June.
• May benefits will be issued by the end of July.
• June benefits will be issued by the end of August.
Does a family have to accept the card and use it?
No, your participation in the program is voluntary. If you choose not to participate, please dispose of your card by cutting through the magnetic stripe on the card and discard the card in a secure manner. You cannot transfer the card to someone else.