Back at Circleville High School for the 2018-2019 school year is the Career Exoloration Program.
The end goal of the program is to provide students with an encouraging platform for them to explore their potential careers before attending post-secondary education. This will allow students to understand the career inside and out before making life altering decisions. Open to all CHS juniors and seniors, successful completion of this program will also result in a 1/4 credit towards graduation.
As a result of this program, students will...
- COMMIT to the successful completion of the program
- Spend a total of 16 hours with the employer at his/her workplace
- Arrange transportation to and from the work site
- Keep a log of time and activity for each visit
- Maintain a journal, recording events, feelings, and learning experiences
- Be responsible for following directions and complete assigned tasks
- Prepare and present a final product or presentation demonstrating learned knowledge
- Write a thank you letter to employer
- Complete a self-evaluation upon completion of the program
Ground Rules: Absences will be school related and not affect the students’ absence hours. It is the responsibility of the student to arrange completion of any missed assignments or quizzes prior to his/her absence.
To apply, download the flier at the link below or stop by the office to receive a paper copy. Fill out the application and return to Ms. Phillips (room 1103) by Friday, October 12th.