Dear parents and guardians:
As you are aware, national and state level preparation involving COVID-19 (or the Coronavirus) continues to be at the forefront of the
public health discussion. Please be assured that Circleville City Schools continues to be proactive in our emergency preparedness and
is actively monitoring the situation in conjunction with the Pickaway County General Health District, Pickaway County Emergency
Management Agency, the Ohio Department of Health, and the other districts across the county.
With three confirmed cases in the state as of March 9th, all in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland area), the district will continue to work with
the local health department, E.M.A, county leaders and county superintendents to determine the best course of action to ensure the
health and safety of our students and staff.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends typical infectious disease precautions for COVID-19, just as those used to prevent cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home if you are ill (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As always, the safety of our students, staff, and families remains our top priority. We encourage you to stay connected with us on
CirclevilleCitySchools.org, district social media feeds, and the official Circleville City Schools app for up-to-the-minute updates and
information as we continue to monitor the evolving situation.